Viewing the history of a file is to identify who created a document, when it has been edited, and who made what changes.
For documents editable in Google Drive:
- Open your file in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides by double-clicking on the file. (Google Drive and Microsoft Office Documents are supported)
- Select 'File> Version History> See Version History'
See who, what, and when the document was edited. Changes are highlighted as you browse through previous versions.
Certain files aren't editable in Google Drive, such as pdfs and images. To view edit history of these files:
- Select your file with a single-click
- Select in the top right-hand corner
- Select the "Activity" tab to view file history
For more information, please view the following on Google Support: