You can find files in Google Drive by searching for:
- File title
- File contents
- Items featured in pictures, PDF files, or other files
To narrow your search, click the Down arrow ▾
- Type: File types such as documents, images, or PDFs.
- Date modified: The date a file was last edited.
- Item name: Searches only for the title of the file.
- Has the words: Searches for words and phrases within documents.
- Owner: The person the file belongs to.
- Shared with: Who can view, comment, or edit the file.
- Location: Whether the file is in a specific folder, "Trash," or "Starred."
- Follow up: If the file has action items assigned to you, or suggestions in files you own.
To quickly bookmark files and folders that are often accessed and referred to:
- Right click on the item, and select 'Add to Starred'
- Starred items, as well as your most recently accessed files, are on the left hand column.
For further information, including how to search on mobile, refer this article.