This guide will help you set up your new company phone and ensure you have access to your company accounts.
Backup and restore
Restoring from iCloud is the easiest way to transfer your data from your old device to your new one. There are steps on the Apple support site to guide you through this process. Below are some limitations and considerations:
- iCloud is linked to an Apple ID. In most cases, you should use a personal email for this as iCloud backs up your personal data on the phone. Company email and other corporate data is stored in Google Workspace.
- iCloud is free for 5GB of storage. If you need more storage to back up your personal data then you can upgrade to a higher plan.
- iCloud will restore almost everything but there are some exceptions including:
- Some App data
- Passwords for email/contacts/calendar accounts
- Face ID - This can be set up again in Settings > Face ID & Passcodes
- Apple Pay - Cards will need to be verified again in Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay
Follow these guides to backup and restore your phone using iCloud:
Users are responsible for their own data (photos, messages, etc…). All corporate data should be in Google Workspace (or other corporate programs such as Procore, Jostle etc…) and will be accessible when you sign in to their accounts.
Signing in with MFA
While iCloud will transfer your data and settings to your new device, you will need to sign in to your apps and other accounts such as Google, Jostle, Procore.
For users with MFA-enrolled Google Workspace accounts, sign in to Gmail on your new device and you will receive a prompt on your old device to approve the sign in. Once you are signed in to Gmail, this will authenticate all the other Google Workspace apps.
For more information on signing in using MFA, check out this article.
Create an App Password for Directory Contacts
To access the company directory (Global Address List) on your new device, you'll need to generate an app password following the steps in this article.
Wifi Calling allows you to make calls using wifi when you're in an area with poor cellular service. If you had setup Wifi Calling on your old phone your settings will be restored from the iCloud backup. If you don't have Wifi Calling enabled, you can follow the steps in the article below to enable it.