The first part of every file name is the Title.
This answers the questions: Where? Who?
The title is usually the abbreviations of the Place or Project the file relates to. Find the appropriate Places/Projects abbreviation from the abbreviation list.
- You can have more than one Place or Project abbreviation in the Title.
- You may also use a person's name, if relevant (not yours).
- You may have both a Places/Projects abbreviation AND a person's name.
If using a personal name in the file name, please provide the surname first followed by the person’s first initial with no space between (ie: SmithR).
- 3CP SmithR Default Ltr 2016-12-08
- BPM Weekly Meeting Agenda 2014-09-14
- CGLC Annual Return 2015
- GEO SmithR Plumbing Ltr 2015-01-20
- MAG Incident Report 2016-02-19
- CTI 2015 Renovation Budget Analysis 2016-10-02
Intro to File Naming
Search tips in Google Drive