Rogers phones have the ability to make phone calls using WiFi for when a cellular network is not available. The instructions for enabling this are as follows.
On an iPhone
1. Select Settings.
2. Select Phone.
3. Select Wi-Fi Calling.
4. Find Wi-Fi Calling and slide to the “On” position.
5. Confirm that you would like to register for Wi-Fi Calling.
6. Agree to the terms and conditions.
7. Set up an emergency 9-1-1 address and tap “Continue” to confirm it. Note: You must complete this step, as emergency services will not be able to detect your physical location when making calls over Wi-Fi. This address must be a valid Canadian or U.S. address and should be where you are most likely to be when using Wi-Fi Calling.
8. Tap “Continue” with your recommended address to complete your Wi-Fi Calling registration.
9. The registration takes up to 6 hours to process. Once activated, you will know when Wi-Fi Calling is available or ready to use when “Rogers Wi-Fi” appears in phone’s status bar.
For Android Phones:
1. On the device’s main page, press the “Phone” icon.
2. On the “Phone” page, press the “MORE” link or icon (it may look like a set of dots) on the upper right of the screen.
3. Press the “Settings” menu option to go to the “Call Settings” or “Call” page – the name of the page may vary according to the manufacturer.
4. On the “Call Settings” or “Call” page, select the “Wi-Fi Calling” option. It may be at the bottom of the page.
5. On the “Wi-Fi Calling” page, click on the registration link to start the onboarding process.
6. Enter your wireless phone number in the field: “Wireless Phone Number”.
7. Press the “Get Verification Code” button. Once you do this, you’ll be sent a text message with the code.
8. Enter the verification code from the text message into the appropriate field on your screen.
9. Press “Submit”.
10. Accept the terms and conditions by pressing “Agree”.
11. Set up an emergency 9-1-1 address and tap “Continue” to confirm it. Note: You must complete this step, as emergency services will not be able to detect your physical location when making calls over Wi-Fi. This address must be a valid Canadian address and should be where you are most likely to be when using Wi-Fi Calling.
12. Confirm the emergency 9-1-1 address by pressing “Use this address”.
13. Now you can close the set-up page and wait for the confirmation text message.
14. Once you get the text message, go back to the “Wi-Fi Calling” or “Call” page and move the Wi-Fi calling toggle to “ON”.
15. The Wi-Fi Calling icon will appear on the phone’s status bar, indicating that Wi-Fi Calling is connected and ready for use.
If you receive a message saying "contact your carrier to enable this feature" please put in a ticket as we will contact Rogers to troubleshoot further.