Google Meet allows you can host a video conference and share your screen with colleagues and business partners. This article will guide you through the steps to host a Google Meet session, invite guests and share your screen with them.
Hosting a meeting
- Open Google Chrome and go to meet.google.com (to host a meeting you will need to be signed into Google)
- Click Start a new meeting
- You will be shown a preview of your meeting. You can toggle the sound and video by clicking on the mic/camera icons. A Red icon indicates that the mic/camera is disabled.
To end a meeting, select Leave Call from the icons along the bottom of the window.
- Once you're ready to begin, click Start Meeting. A meeting code will be generated which can be copied and shared with your guests.
When a guest enters the meeting code and requests to join, you will receive a notification. Select Admit to allow them to join the meeting.
You can view the current guest on the right side of the window.
Sharing your screen
- You may wish to share your screen with your guests to show them information on your computer. Click the Present icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- You can choose to share your entire screen or a specific window. Select the option you would like and click Share
- A banner will appear along the bottom of your screen to let you know your screen is being shared. Click Stop sharing to end your screen presentation.